Social Media Stat of the Month: Why your brand MUST be on Instagram in 2017
Instagram may just be the most complete social platform that caters to the sensibilities of social media users in 2017. Each post requires at least one visual and allows tagging, commenting, liking, and sharing. Live video broadcasting, direct messaging, and impermanent story streams similar to Snapchat’s are also present on the app. According to Venngage, 90% of marketers surveyed reported that they implemented visuals in more than 50% of the works they published.
Even advertisements are subtly inserted into Instagram users’ feeds, as they look almost like any other post except for the small “Sponsored” text in the top right corner. Instagram’s success in seamlessly integrating a wide variety of communication channels in a single application positions it to rival Facebook, Twitter, and Snapchat for their loyal user bases.
According to WordStream, Instagram boasts a few powerful stats that make it impossible to ignore in your social media marketing efforts. Some of these notable figures include:
- 32% of teens consider Instagram the most important social network.
- The rate of Instagram use among female internet users is 50% higher than among male users.
- Most Instagram users are between 18-29 years old, about six-in-ten online adults.
- 32% of American internet users are on Instagram!
- 51% of Instagram users access the platform each day, and 35% say they look at the platform multiple times per day.
Are you promoting your brand’s core messages and values through Instagram? If not, here are a few tips to get started:
- Make a posting schedule. Commit to posting a set number of images and/or videos each week and select specific days and times to upload. Later provides some insights on best times to post on Instagram.
- Hashtag appropriately. Select popular hashtags that are focused on the industries and target audiences you want to connect with. Join these conversations and establish yourself as a dominant presence. Hashtagify is a hashtag analytics site that will allow you to track the popularity of tags you may want to include in your marketing efforts.
- Add variety. Provide a mixture of video and images to further diversify your output. Keep followers guessing what you will do next. This will also help prevent uploading repetitive content.
- Don’t forget to engage with your followers! Reply to relevant comments, answer direct messages when appropriate, and like posts from other users where they have tagged you, mentioned you, or have checked in at your location.
Taking a strategic approach to your Instagram marketing efforts will lead to a more rewarding social media experience for both your brand and your followers. Staying focused and disciplined in your regimen will only make the process easier and more enjoyable.