Facebook Page vs. Facebook Group: Which is Right for Your Business?
Today’s businesses must have some type of social media presence. Facebook is a good place to start.
Businesses have two options: starting a Facebook page or forming a Facebook group. They can both be extremely beneficial. However, they are very different, and it all depends on what you are looking for.
Let’s examine the differences and decide which is better for your business.
- Ideal for companies and organizations who want to make announcements to large groups of people
- Act as a personal profile for businesses, organizations and public figures
- Allow customers to closely follow the company
- Facebook users can easily connect with your page by clicking ‘Like’ at the very top of the page – No approval necessary from administrators
- Page managers can distinguish their content from other content to make it stand out
- Promote online community
- Beneficial for connecting smaller groups of people who want to talk amongst themselves with no one person dominating the conversation
- Quick and easy communication with all members in the group
- Prospective members must get approval from administrators before being accepted into a group – You can control whom your group connects with
Pages facilitate interactions with larger quantities of people, while groups are perfect for more intimate communication. Deciding whether a Facebook page or group is best for you is going to come down to exactly what you want to accomplish.