First Steps; Choosing the Right Content to Share on Social Media
As we discussed in last month’s social media newsletter, social media is the latest and greatest way to boost engagement.
For effective social media engagement, you must present the right content in the right social media context.
Choosing the right content:
- Understand your audience
- Share only relevant, timely content
- 80/20 rule
- 80 percent of content should be entertaining and helpful
- 20 percent should be directly about business
- Quality over quantity
Let’s take a closer look at the three different content types:
- Written – status updates, links to blog posts, creative headlines
- Visual – photos, videos, infographics
- Video – short form videos, webinars, tips & tricks
According to Demand Metric, 90% of consumers find custom content useful. Don’t be afraid to jump right in and start using your own original content!
Want to take a step back and find out what social media platform is best for your business? Learn more about all the different social media tools.