Getting Started; Choosing the Right Social Media Tools
According to Social Media Examiner, 97% of marketers are currently participating in social media—but 85% of participants aren’t sure what social media tools are the best to use.
The top social media platforms for B2B are definitely Twitter and LinkedIn. The benefits of using these are that they:
- allow you to make contacts and build relationships
- build your brand and establish thought leadership
- introduce your company and boost traffic back to your website
- let you search mentions of your company or key industry terms
The top social media platforms for B2C are more visual and include Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest. The benefits of using these platforms is that they:
- give a personal face to your company
- foster community engagement and customer support
- publicize promotions
Instagram gives businesses the opportunity to share their stories on a visual, creative platform.
Instagram delivers 58 times more engagement per follower than Facebook and 120 times more engagement per follower than Twitter. In addition, posts tagged with a location receive 79% higher engagement.